Tuesday, April 5, 2011

want to know what i did today??

ok so I'm not gonna lie...these last few months basically sucked.  I'm generally a usually the glass is half full kind of person, but lately my glass has been looking pretty empty and these last few weeks...bone dry.  school sucks, drama sucks, work sucks...boys really suck :(...and to make matters worse...all of it, I'm talking ALL of it, is basically stemming from some seriously mega bad decision making on my part.
I'm typically the responsible, run and tell on everyone who does bad things (including myself) kind of girl.  I once felt so guilty about breaking a rule that I told my mom I did it, 5 whole minutes after I did it.  My conscience gets the best of me every.single.time which is why I think my entire state of being is in shock over the mistake that I'm currently digging myself out of.  And holy hell it's a doozy.  

Sooooo....because I'm also the type of girl who sometimes needs to just run away for a bit, and because I fully believe that this is true:

 

my very best friend and I are running, (well flying actually) away.

 

It's been 1 year since I've stood on my favorite street corner, with my favorite NYC friend...

 

Or taken the subway to my favorite stop that I called home.

 

So basically it's been long enough.  I need a break.  I need to find myself again and it seems like the only place I can ever really do that is right on those streets, the only place I've ever felt at home...

and because there is only so long one can go without a really good red velvet cupcake :)


love &stuff:)

2 comments:

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Take me with you! Ohhhh...seeing our 110th stop made me so nostalgic. When are you going? I can't believe we used to live there. Such a blink. What's going on?! I thought your blogpost was going to elaborate on the doozy you created :) No such luck?

meaghan said...

we are going may 14th! i'm so excited it's been too long :)