Saturday, April 9, 2011

how you know the semester is winding down...

1.  There are piles of clothes on my floor.  as in multiple.  as in some clean, some dirty, and they are getting big enough that now i'm not sure which is which.

2.  You will find me at any time of day or night, sitting in bed with layer upon layer of clothes because at one time or another i was hot, or cold and too lazy to take off the shorts to put on the sweats, thus the shorts, sweats, t shirt, sweatshirt, 2 pairs of socks combo going on right now.

3.  The Starbucks guy at barnes & noble knows my name.  and my order.  and my major.  and what paper i'm working on.  and what i'm listening to on itunes.

4.  The Starbucks guy or girl at any Starbucks in the general area knows my name.  and my order.  and my major.

5.  There are currently 3 giant mugs of tea, and 6 empty Starbucks / Moxie Java cups scattered about my room.  And not because I haven't cleaned my room in the last couple weeks.  But because I have accumulated them in the last 2 DAYS.

6.  My awesome organizational system that began the semester has completely broken down.  I'm living out of 3 school bags and basically running out of paper so I'm writing notes on whatever i can find and shoving them in whatever bag i happen to be carrying.  Not good when I get to linguistics with my shakespeare notes.

7.  Six papers due next week.  Not a single one started.

8.  Losing motivation for every single thing.  Including going to the gym, reading my assignments, going to class, going to work, writing papers, eating...this blog post...

9.  I'm choosing to reject the fact that winter is basically still hanging around.  I wore shorts, flip flops, and a cardigan yesterday.  It snowed, hailed, and rained.

10.  I washed my sheets.  Two weeks ago.  They are laying around somewhere in the before mentioned piles of clothes...

11.  I am in possession of  more library books than books i own because of 300 research papers that i am about to write.

12.  5th (and hopefully last) parking ticket paid!

13.  I get distracted by componential analysis while i'm taking a bubble bath.  and have to get out.

No comments: