Friday, April 8, 2011

"just looking at a cheesburger makes me gain 5 pounds..."

ok confession time.  I'm a total stalker.  In high school this word could have possibly been used literally to describe me (don't judge, I liked a lot of boys, I had a car, and a very boring life...ok judge a little...) but now I save my stalking for the blog world.  I've ran across quite a few blogs lately that I love to read, mainly because these women have such hopeful outlooks on life.  They aren't perfect and most of them struggle daily and I can relate so much sometimes I forget I don't know them in the "real world".

Lately all of these lovely bloggers have been bombarding me with posts about food, recipes on how to make food, and ideas of where to go get food.  Don't get me wrong, I love food more than I love my grandma (joke...kinda), but my culinary skills involve knowing how to choose diet coke over regular and making a kick ass batch of mac and cheese...from a box.

Cooking has never been very necessary for me.  I live within about 3 blocks from 4 McDonalds and I work in an Italian restaurant.  Basically someone else always does it for me.  When I lived in New York I was a take out/delivery pro.  Pretty much every day someone showed up on my doorstep with dinner and if it wasn't the cafe down the street, it was Rachel with a bag of dove dark chocolates...also considered dinner.

So now, all these bloggers that I stalk religiously are making me rethink my food related goals in life.  I, Meaghan, want to learn how to cook.  I pride myself on those 2 times I successfully made a turkey with only about 6 phone calls to mom, so...how hard can it be...right?  I hear Thanksgiving dinner is supposed to be the hardest so I must have natural talent for cooking...right?

RIGHT???  We'll see.  These food blog posts are seriously making me consider dropping out of school so I can practice making...wait for it...COOKIE DOUGH CINNAMON ROLLS...I mean, seriously, I think I just fell in love.



 

LOVELOVELOVE &STUFF :)

P.S...36 more days until NYC...

1 comment:

annelise said...

My name is Annelise and I am a blog stalker. Ha, I stalk like it's my job and the ones I love the most, I rarely comment because I feel like I don't have the words to do the post justice :) How ridiculous.

As for the food, I've never had much interest though I do like to eat. I really should marry the two.

Have a great weekend :)